As I’m sure most of you are well aware, COVID-19 has prevented all close contact services (which includes all forms of massage) from practising.
Today (July 9th 2020), the government announced that as of Monday 13th July 2020, these businesses will be allowed to reopen. Body Smarts Sports Massage Therapy will be able to reopen, resume business and sort those long overdue aches at last.
Of course, there are some guidelines to follow to keep both you, the client and myself, the massage therapist as safe as possible.
These guidelines are as follows:
- At this time, Body Smarts will only be available for house calls. Clients based within Fleet and Church Crookham will not be charged any travel fees – clients in other areas may incur a small travel fee. Please note, only a minimum of 45 minute appointments will be available.
- I am currently closed to new clients. Existing clients will be able to book in as normal.
- Cash payments will not be accepted at this time. BACS payments are preferred, but card payment options can be made available by request, before your appointment. If you do not already have my BACS details, please ask upon appointment booking.
- Currently, I am only booking a maximum of two households each day.
Your Home & Hygiene
- Weather permitting, I am happy to massage outdoors.
- When massaging indoors, please ensure that there is ample room for a massage table (approx. 6ft x 2.5ft) with plenty of manoeuvring space for myself.
- My shoes will not be removed at any point during my visit to your home.
- Please ensure that all doorways are left open to avoid the unnecessary touching of extra surfaces.
- Please wash your hands prior to the start of your appointment.
- Please wear clothing which has not come into contact with people outside of your household.
- If you, or anyone in your household, is showing symptoms of coronavirus, please cancel your appointment immediately. You will not incur any cancellation fees for this.
Body Smarts’ Hygeine
- The massage table will be thoroughly cleaned with antibacterial wipes both before and after all appointments.
- Freshly washed towels will be available for each appointment, but will be made optional.
- Couch covers and the ankle bolster will not be used during this time.
- Antibacterial hand gel will be used by myself before your appointment. This means I will not require access to your bathroom.
- All clothing worn by myself will be changed between visits.
- If I need to self isolate due to coronavirus, all appointments will be cancelled.
I’m looking forward to seeing you all once again for your COVID secure massage
Jezz Freeman | Body Smarts Sports Massage Therapy