LAST REVIEWED & UPDATED: 25/09/2020
On July 9th 2020, the government announced that as of Monday 13th July 2020, close contact businesses were allowed to reopen. Since then, Body Smarts Massage Therapy has reopened, resumed business and sorted many of those long overdue aches, all whilst adhering to the ever-changing government guidelines that have been setup, changed and evolved quicker than we can even decide what we want for dinner.
On September 22nd 2020, the government released tighter still restrictions. Amongst these new restrictions, it was stated that businesses are now required to present a QR code to all customers and clients to scan with the NHS Test & Trace app (for Android users, the app can be found here and for Apple users, the app can be found here). No personal data will be transferred when scanning this QR code.
Of course, all of these guidelines are put in place to keep both you, the client and myself, the massage therapist as safe as possible.
These guidelines are as follows:
- At this time, Body Smarts will only be available for house calls. Clients based within Fleet and Church Crookham will not be charged any travel fees – clients in other areas may incur a small travel fee. Please note, only a minimum of 45 minute appointments will be available.
- Cash or cheque payments will not be accepted at this time. BACS payments are preferred, but card payment options can be made available by request, before your appointment. If you do not already have my BACS details, please ask upon appointment booking.
- Currently, I am only booking a maximum of two households each day with ample time between appointments to assure everything is as safe as possible for everyone.
- No more than 24 hours before your appointment, you will be asked to confirm that you or anyone you’ve been in contact with within the last 14 days are not showing signs of COVID-19. You will not incur any cancellation fees. You will also be asked to complete a quick form to confirm the information given, this form can also be found here.
- Face coverings are now required for both massage therapist and client at all times. At no point in each other’s presence should either covering be removed.
- Massages that require work on or around the facial areas are not currently permitted. This includes some neck and pectoral regions.
Your Home & Hygiene
- You will be required to wear a face covering at all times.
- Weather permitting, I am happy to massage outdoors.
- When massaging indoors, please ensure that there is ample room for a massage table (approx. 6ft x 2.5ft) with plenty of manoeuvring space for myself.
- At least one external door or window must remain open when massaging indoors.
- My shoes will not be removed at any point during my visit to your home.
- Please ensure that all doorways are left open to avoid the unnecessary touching of extra surfaces.
- Please wash your hands prior to the start of your appointment.
- Please wear clothing which has not come into contact with people outside of your household.
- If you, or anyone in your household, is showing symptoms of coronavirus, please cancel your appointment immediately. You will not incur any cancellation fees for this.
Body Smarts’ Hygeine
- Both a face mask and face shield will be worn by me.
- The massage table will be thoroughly cleaned with antibacterial wipes both before and after all appointments.
- Freshly washed towels will be available for each appointment, but will be made optional.
- Couch covers and the ankle bolster will not be used during this time.
- Antibacterial hand gel will be used by myself before and after your appointment. This means I will not require access to your bathroom.
- All clothing worn by myself will be changed between visits.
- Massage cream pots are currently on a 72-hour rotation cycle to avoid any cross-contamination.
- If I need to self isolate due to coronavirus, all appointments will be cancelled.
I’m looking forward to seeing you all for your COVID secure massage.
Jezz Freeman | Body Smarts Sports Massage Therapy